Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hollywood musicals




I don't really like old style Hollywood musicals. I couldn't understand why a person has to sing to express his/her feeling. Sometimes it’s more awkward when everyone is singing the same song. It's just bizarre.

However, the Sound of Music remained to be one of my all time favourites. I lost count on how many times I've watched the movie and sang along with the actors when I was a child. May be it represented a symbol of simplicity, kindness and love to me.

So long and farewell is one of my favourite numbers in the movie.

1 comment:

mochhichi said...

Sounds of Music has been my favourite too.....can't even think of how many times i've been watching at tv/video. It's like a forever young movie and u remind me a lot of songs in the movie just now.....

When i was young, sixteen going to seventeen has been my fav when i daydream i can be the eldest daughter (haha, coz i thought she'
s the most beautiful one)

Too many songs i like, but somehow i like my favourite thing the best now after listening to Olivia's jazz version.

SOM is a classic.